Welcome Baby, a component of The CHILD Project: Road to Resilience, is helping to build family resiliency in Yolo County through comprehensive support after the birth of a new baby. Welcome Baby partners with parents to reduce toxic stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic and support optimal child development.
Welcome Baby is a free and voluntary program where you will receive:
- An in-home nurse visit within one week of coming home with your newborn
- Up to two more visits from a Community Health Worker specializing in family resources (in-home or virtual)
Visits will include:
- Clinical assessments of mom and baby
- Breastfeeding support and referrals
- Connection to community resources
- Help scheduling appointments
- Health Education
- And more!
Click here to meet our staff!
Direct services are provided by CommuniCare Health Center’s Perinatal and Behavioral Health Departments and Yolo County Children’s Alliance.
- Have public health insurance (MediCal, Partnership, MCAP) or are uninsured
- Pregnant or within two weeks of hospital discharge for birth (mom or baby)
- Live in Yolo County
Referrals and Questions
Contact Welcome Baby
Call and leave a confidential voicemail at 916-403-2905
Please call the referral line if you have questions about eligibility. We will NEVER ask about immigration status.
For more information, contact Martha Michel, Welcome Baby Coordinator, at 916-403-2905 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome Baby is having a significant positive impact on our community. Check out the results in this infographic.