Welcome Baby, a component of The CHILD Project: Road to Resilience, is helping to build family resiliency in Yolo County through comprehensive support after the birth of a new baby. Welcome Baby partners with parents to reduce toxic stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic and support optimal child development.
Welcome Baby is a free and voluntary program where you will receive:
- An in-home nurse visit within one week of coming home with your newborn
- Up to two more visits from a Community Health Worker specializing in family resources (in-home or virtual)
Visits will include:
- Clinical assessments of mom and baby
- Breastfeeding support and referrals
- Connection to community resources
- Help scheduling appointments
- Health Education
- And more!
Direct services are provided by CommuniCare Health Center’s Perinatal and Behavioral Health Departments and Yolo County Children’s Alliance.
- Have public health insurance (MediCal, Partnership, MCAP) or are uninsured
- Pregnant or gave birth within the last two weeks
- Live in Yolo County
Please call the referral line if you have questions about eligibility. We will NEVER ask about immigration status.
For more information, contact Martha Michel, Welcome Baby Coordinator, at 916-403-2905 or firstname.lastname@example.org