Summer Events at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library
Stay cool and enjoy these special programs held during the month of July at Yolo County’s Esparto Regional Library, located at 17065 Yolo Avenue in Esparto:
• Summer Reading Program 2019: Sign up and get a free book. Choose your summer challenge: read 10 books, read for 10 hours, or read on 10 different days. There will be activities, events, and prizes all summer long with a final grand prize drawing. The Program runs through Aug. 31.
• Read Off Your Fines for Adults: Adults who complete the Summer Reading Program may choose to have up to $10 in late fees waived from their library account as their prize. The Program runs through Aug. 31.
• A Free Computer Class will happen at 10:30 a.m. on July 9. The basic computer class covers simple tech support, beginner terminology, library computer resources, and a question and answer session. Registration is required and will be limited to the first ten signups. To register, call 787-3426 or sign up at the library service desk. This class will be offered on the second Tuesday of each month.
• Learn about some Amazing Animals during Explorit Science Center at 2:30 p.m. on July 25. Investigate the ways animals survive and thrive with live insects and reptiles. See how adaptations help animals hide in plain sight and how young animals change as they grow. This is a family program.
• Aguas Frescas: Flower Pot Painting happening at 6:30 p.m. on July 31. Enjoy refreshing Aguas Frescas while painting your own flower pot. Attendees of all ages are welcome.
The following ongoing programs continue in July:
• English Conversation Group, Tuesdays at 1:15 p.m. Converse and improve your English in a fun and relaxed setting with the aid of a group facilitator. Drop-in visitors are always welcome.
• Hora de Cuentos/Bilingual Spanish Story Time (Ages 0-5), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Children (ages 0-5) and their parents or caregivers are invited to join us for stories, songs, movement, rhymes and finger-plays. All bilingual story times are provided through a grant from First 5 Yolo.
NOTICES: Yolo County Library branches will be closed on July 4 in observance of Independence Day. On July 15, all Yolo County Library branches will only be open from 2 to 6 p.m. due to an all staff meeting.
All programs are sponsored by the Friends of the Esparto Regional Library, are free to attend and, unless otherwise stated, no registration is required. For more information about events at the Esparto Regional Library, contact library staff at 787-3426 or visit the Yolo County Library at www.yolocountylibrary.org (see calendar for Esparto Regional Library-specific events). Connect with the Yolo County Library on Facebook at www.facebook.com/yolocountylibrary.org.