First 5 Yolo has a long track record of providing seed money for new programs and systems change efforts, providing the technical assistance to funded partners to measure outcomes and share their stories of success, and seeking additional investors and funding streams to expand and enhance programs and build sustainability.
Without new partnerships for funding, the expected decline in tobacco tax revenues will affect valuable programs and services in Yolo County funded by First 5 Yolo. First 5 commissions across the State have been working to build new partnerships and braid funding, particularly with local county governments.
First 5 Yolo has a wide range of involvement in Yolo County, and has long been a part of community collaboratives, some of which include:
- The Family Strengthening Network/ Child Abuse Prevention Council
- Maternal Child, Adolescent Health Advisory
- Yolo County Health Council
- Resiliency Network
- Foster Care Recruitment and Retention
- Local Child Care Planning Council
- Yolo County Human Trafficking Steering Community
- Dignity Health/Woodland Healthcare Benefit Advisory
- Yolo County Maternal Mental Health Collaborative
- Fetal Infant Mortality Review Team
- Yolo County HHSA Behavioral Health Services Provider Stakeholder Workgroup
- Yolo Truancy Abatement Committee