First 5 Yolo is here to serve you and your young children. We are a resource providing funding, programs, services and information beneficial to children (0 - 5 years of age) and their parents. We like to say "It's All About the Kids" as we focus on what is needed to help children thrive, be healthy and ready to learn.
By using the menu bar on the left, you can click on what interests you and learn more about First 5 Yolo and many other local partners working to support you in raising young children.
Below are a few quick links to resources for parents:
- Join Play School Experience - First 5 Yolo is currently funding three Family Resource Centers (FRC) to conduct Play School Experience (PSE) playgroups at 7 sites throughout Yolo County (Woodland, Davis, West Sacramento, Clarksburg, Knights Landing, Esparto and Winters). These playgroups provide children from birth to 5 years old the opportunity to engage in meaningful interaction through play with their caregivers and other children. Play School Experience creates a safe environment where children can enhance social, emotional, physical and cognitive development, while their caregivers learn parenting skills and develop confidence in their abilities to be their child’s first teacher. Each FRC location offers weekly PSE activities in age appropriate groups (0-2; 3-5) on location or at the local Library. Find a PSE at your local FRC.
- Yummy for Your Tummy: Fun, Easy & Healthy Recipes by Chef LaLa - this booklet contains recipes and cooking tips to help make your time in the kitchen fun, healthy and safe.
- New Parent Kit - a comprehensive resource for new and expecting parents. Kits are customized for Yolo County residents to include local information on services and resources. Kits are available in both English and Spanish.
- Tip Sheets - dozens of useful tips for parents and caregivers of infants and young children. Topics include: Pregnancy, Healthy Baby, Healthy Child, Early Learning, Safety, Child Care, Reading, Breastfeeding, Healthy Teeth, Lead Poison Safety, The First Year, 1-to-2 Years Old, 2-to-4 Years Old, 4-to-5 Years Old.
- Community Health Initiative - The Goal of the Yolo County Community Health Initiative (Yolo CHI) is for EVERY child in Yolo County to have health insurance and access to quality, affordable health care services including mental health services, dental health services, vision services and prescription services. Formed in March 2005, Yolo CHI is a broad-based coalition of public, private and community based partners who have come together to achieve this goal.
- UP 4 WS - Universal preschool for West Sacramento, known as UP 4 WS, is a partnership among the City of West Sacramento, Washington Unified School District, First 5 Yolo and First 5 California with the primary goal of offering quality, free and voluntary preschool to all 4-year-old children in West Sacramento.
- Funded Programs - lists the programs First 5 Yolo has helped support.
- Resources for Parents and Children in Yolo County - links to other agencies and resources within the county.
Below are additional Web sites that may be of interest to parents for resources on child development.
First 5 California Parents' Site
The first place to go for everything children 0 - 5!
Hand in Hand
Parenting tools, insight and support to help families strengthen the parent-child connection.
Information, resources and support for quitting smoking.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the First 5 Yolo office at 530-669-2475 with any questions, comments or suggestions.