First 5 Yolo is here to serve you and your young children. We are a resource providing funding, programs, services and information beneficial to children (0 - 5 years of age) and their parents. We like to say "It's All About the Kids" as we focus on what is needed to help children thrive, be healthy and ready to learn.
By using the menu bar on the left, you can click on what interests you and learn more about First 5 Yolo and many other local partners working to support you in raising young children.
Below are a few quick links to resources for parents:
- Yummy for Your Tummy: Fun, Easy & Healthy Recipes by Chef LaLa - this booklet contains recipes and cooking tips to help make your time in the kitchen fun, healthy and safe.
- Parent Survey - regarding the needs of children ages 0 - 5 and their families is being conducted by the First 5 Yolo Children & Families Commission.
- New Parent Kit - a comprehensive resource for new and expecting parents. Kits are customized for Yolo County residents to include local information on services and resources. Kits are available in both English and Spanish.
- The Parent Survival Guide - provides a quick list of Yolo County resources easily accessible and available to all Yolo County families.
- Tip Sheets - dozens of useful tips for parents and caregivers of infants and young children. Topics include: Pregnancy, Healthy Baby, Healthy Child, Early Learning, Safety, Child Care, Reading, Breastfeeding, Healthy Teeth, Lead Poison Safety, The First Year, 1-to-2 Years Old, 2-to-4 Years Old, 4-to-5 Years Old.
- Children's Health Insurance (Yolo CHI) - a broad-based coalition of public and private partners formed in March 2005 to facilitate access to health care for all children in Yolo County.
- UP 4 WS - Universal preschool for West Sacramento, known as UP 4 WS, is a partnership among the City of West Sacramento, Washington Unified School District, First 5 Yolo and First 5 California with the primary goal of offering quality, free and voluntary preschool to all 4-year-old children in West Sacramento.
- Funded Programs - lists the programs First 5 Yolo has helped support.
- Resources for Parents and Children in Yolo County - links to other agencies and resources within the county.
Below are additional Web sites that may be of interest to parents for resources on child development.
On The Go
Published three times a year, the On The Go! activity and resource guide for families in and around Yolo County includes 32 pages of useful information on topics such as: Fun Places To Visit; Events Calendar; What to Do When There's Nothing to Do; Art Activities and Fun Projects; Story Time at the Library, and much more!
Small Talk Newsletter
A quarterly newsletter with articles on parenting issues, community resources and events, legislation, book reviews, creative activities, plus a special insert for parents and child care providers.
Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the First 5 Yolo office at 530-669-2475 with any questions, comments or suggestions.