Family Focus Forums (FFF)
The Family Focus Forums (FFF) were created by First 5 Yolo to provide tools to build countywide collaborations and strengthen agency capability. FFF encourages providers to work together to set up systems that successfully connect Yolo County’s children and families with the resources and services they need to thrive in today's society.
The FFF concept was developed in 2008 as the result of a year-long effort to launch First 5 Yolo's Integrated Family Support Initiative (IFSI). IFSI was a unique call to action requiring collaboration among parents, service providers, educators and policymakers to promote the health and well-being of Yolo County's youngest children. First 5 Yolo facilitates the movement toward integrated family support by convening collaborative partners, providing technical assistance and trainings and promoting these ideals throughout its funded projects.
From its receptive launch in 2008, FFF participants continue to take to heart the mission of building collaboration and strengthening agency capacity in their communities. Each FFF agenda features:
- an educational/informational session on brain/child development,
- an opportunity to get to know and interact with peers,
- a presentation on a community support topic,
- an activity to build collaboration, increase awareness of available services and create opportunities to streamline those services and eliminate duplication, and
- an engaging and enjoyable networking lunch. FFFs are open to all agencies serving families with young children in Yolo County.
First 5 Yolo is very excited about the progress of our Family Focus Forums and looks forward to a new year of successfully creating opportunities to strengthen Yolo County’s network for servicing families. We hope to see you at our next forum!
All meetings will be held at Yolo Housing in Woodland from 8:45 - 11:45 AM.